A leading global investment manager focused on infrastructure with over 200 professionals operating internationally. They manage billions of US dollars of equity capital in both only private and listed funds on behalf of institutional investors across the globe.
This Client implements best-in-class practices to underpin asset management and investment decisions, promote ethical behaviour in the wider communities in which they invest.
Due to a number of exciting changes and portfolio growth they are looking for talented asset managers to join their Infrastructure team.
- Carrying out asset specific and portfolio-wide analysis, taking a proactive and entrepreneurial approach to identify and explain value initiatives across the portfolio, and then to drive the implementation of these initiatives to an agreed plan
- Managing a portfolio of investments as the nominated board director representing the interests of their fund investors.
- Preparing for and attending all relevant meetings with the management teams, service providers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Determining and driving value initiatives and risk strategies
- Review and challenge the cost and revenue assumptions and asset plans put forward by project company management teams
- Ensure good governance and that all statutory, contractual and corporate regulations and policies are properly complied with by the management teams running the day to day operations of the asset
- Managing the key stakeholder relationships, including public sector clients
- Due diligence activities on new investments, such as reviewing project documentation, technical due diligence reports and making site visits to support bids and acquisitions
- Assisting the Asset Management team on specific tasks on those projects which have operational, performance or relationship issues
- Experience of creating or managing PFI/PPP projects
- Experience in the delivery of either Facility Management, Construction Services and/or Energy Systems, or working in technical capacity in energy sector
- Numerate and commercially aware
- Ability to analyse and solve-problems, including the use and manipulation of Excel and other software products
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal in English language, able to engage at all levels
- Confidence to represent investor interests at Project Board level, with the ability and willingness to take management responsibility and to take a lead where necessary in negotiations with stakeholders
- Fluency in an additional European language advantageous
- Practised project management skills
- Strong Excel