- Delivering technical due diligence on large scale solar PV and/or wind projects for Investors, Lenders, IPPs and Developers
- Monitoring and reporting on PV and/or wind projects through the construction and operational phases
- Providing technical engineering support on PV and/or wind projects at all stages of the project development cycle
- Reviewing of resource, technologies, structural studies, electrical design, contractual documentation, environmental studies, planning permission, health and safety reports, grid offers and grid connection agreements
- EPC tender design, co-ordination, management, evaluation and review
- Project risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Reviewing and preparing technical and non-technical reports
- People and project management, ensuring effective communication within the internal team and stakeholders
- Leading business development activities i.e. development of new solutions, proposal writing and client presentations.
Desirable qualifications & experience
- Experience (2-5 years) working in the large scale solar PV and/or wind sector across at least some of the role
- Consultancy experience or Lenders TA, Construction Monitoring or Owner’s Engineering experience
- Contracts due diligence (EPC, O&M, PPA etc.)
- Engineering degree (or relevant technical degree)
- Project and/or people management experience
- Knowledge of the design, construction, operations and maintenance of electrical / mechanical PV system components
- Understanding of project development economics and project finance
- Related technologies experience e.g. distribution & transmission systems, rooftop systems, battery storage etc
- Cross disciplinary knowledge, e.g. PV, wind, CSP, biomass, conventional combustion technologies
- Prior experience with the South African and/or African renewables market.
Must be eligibility to live and work in South Africa (e.g. South Africa citizen or holder of / eligible for a South African working visa).