Would you like to join a growing Energy Storage team? Energy Storage investments are growing exponentially and are expected to continue in the coming years.
This specialised team is an independent global engineering business, specialising in offering consulting engineering services through investment support and technical advisory for the renewable energy market. They offer a complete package of services to investors, lenders, IPPs and developers.
We are currently looking for a Consultant to support the growth in this exciting sector and build on our success to date. You will find yourself working on a range of energy storage projects including interacting and overlapping with other teams in our renewables business unit.
This client offers flexibly across borders so you can expect to work on projects in multiple geographies, including occasional travel and client meetings.
The role will be focussed on delivering services in the Energy Storage sector, including feasibility, design, technical due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance testing, performance and operational services, as well as winning and delivering new projects across the globe.
- Deliver projects in the UK, Europe and globally
- Assist with and coordinate the production of proposals and winning new work
- Proficiency in proposal and report writing, ensuring delivery of quality reports produced in English
- Project manage large and/or complex pieces of work
- As the team grows, you will be expected to contribute to growth, taking on new responsibilities in markets or sectors and supporting the smooth running of the team.
- Collaborate with the wider teams across the Group, including technical head, country heads, and service leads
- Progressing our best practice and working standards for consulting
- Developing in-house tools for delivering and managing work effectively
- Establishing guidelines for consultants to follow and training them to achieve a consistent approach/output
- Bachelor degree in STEM subjects, Masters degree in related subject advantageous
- Proven experience in consulting/managing clients/service delivery, specific experience within the renewable energy sector preferable
- Proven experience in stand-alone and hybrid energy storage systems and technology;
- Understanding of energy storage applications, revenue streams and current trends
- Capability to model or simulate energy storage operations
- Data analytics with relation to battery system testing and operation
- Electrical energy storage technology, engineering and consultancy from residential to utility scale
- Experience and/or contacts in in electricity policy and networks beneficial
- Communicating and reporting on technical findings, summarising key results and impacts for non-technical audiences
- A strong understanding of the technical, contractual and commercial potential for revenue streams applicable to energy storage systems
- You will be a highly professional and aspirational Energy Storage Engineer with a drive to deliver technical excellence.
- You will be an effective technical thinker with strong analytical problem solving skills and a collaborative approach.
- As an exceptional communicator you will have well-developed report writing and presentation skills with acute attention to detail. You will thrive on customer engagement and be skilled in understanding their needs and building lasting relationships.
- Your customer focus and sound technical judgment will equip you to achieve your project objectives. You will know the best way to manage your projects and apply your knowledge of project management methodologies and practices daily. You will work well in all scenarios and as a ‘self-manager’ take satisfaction from using your initiative and taking accountability.