Leading Risk and Compliance Service Organisation are looking to hire an experienced and qualified SHEQ Manager to join their prestigious, high-profile fast growing team.
The successful candidate must have experience and understanding of a wide range of areas within Health, Safety and Environment including Asbestos, Legionella, Testing & Inspection across various sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- To manage a team of Health and Safety Advisors to deliver a cultural shift in health and safety across a programme
- Ensure group health & safety policies and best practice codes are adhered to according to local standards and legislation.
- Understanding of implementing relevant Health & Safety management systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Assist with making sure all accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences are reported and investigated thoroughly.
- To participate in Client lead events where our presence and contribution would assist with client relationships and could feed back elements of best practice into our own management system
- Involved in the internal and external audit programme for our locations and projects.
- Organise and chair monthly health & safety minutes to senior members of staff and provide minutes and necessary actions.
- Produce monthly reports from the health & safety department with regards to company performance.
- Audits and Inspections of health & safety practices to be carried out across the business.
- Experience of advising in a multi-site environment
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards
Knowledge, Experience and qualifications required:
- Knowledge of relevant HSQE systems (ISO14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS18001)
- Internal Auditor – Lead Auditor preferable
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certification
- Ideally Chartered Member of IOSH (or working towards), GradIOSH, NEBOSH Diploma.
- Excellent communication skills and adaptable team member
- Health, Safety, Environment Manager
- East Sussex – Occasional Travel over 4 sites in the region.
- £42,000 – £47,000 + Car Allowance or Company Car + benefits package
Key Skills: Health & Safety, Environment, Engineering, Construction, Diploma, 14001, 18001, GradIOSH, CMIOSH, SHEQ, HSEQ, H&S,
This is an excellent opportunity responsible for supporting the company with all aspects of health, safety and environment and contributing to the Health & Safety culture across the business, the opportunity offers a competitive salary and excellent company benefits.
If you have the correct qualifications and experience for this role, please apply directly and I’ll contact you to discuss this position in more detail. Alternatively, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44(0)777888 3035.
We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. There maybe certain reasons if you don’t hear from us within 7 working days but please feel free to contact the office if you have any further questions.
This is a Permanent position.