This independent power producer is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Project Assistant to join their growing development team, and become part of the largest flexible generation business, with continued ambition for growth.
This position will support the development team in managing a large and growing portfolio of flexible gas generation, battery storage and solar projects.
This position requires a broad understanding and enthusiasm for the energy industry, with knowledge of the development process especially in planning and land agreements.
The ability to multi-task and effectively manage competing priorities, whilst maintaining a keen eye on accuracy and detail are required, in order to deliver and contribute to the overall success of the company.
This energy company is the power company of the future, supporting critical national infrastructure through delivering flexible generation when it’s needed most, in support of a low carbon power grid dominated by renewable energy.
Assist with the identification of new development projects, working closely with the wider development team to apply site finding criteria
- Support the preparation, submission and management of planning applications and associated discharge of planning conditions, working closely with our third-party consultants
- Negotiate heads of terms and provide support to secure land options and lease agreements
- Coordinate with our connections team to assess the viability of sites, support application process and maintain secured connections
- Engage with landowners and land agents in the development of new sites and maintain relationships
- Generate project schedules, risk registers, budgets and support development projects through our internal project management process, which includes key milestone reviews and Project Information Document
- Support the company’s involvement with workshops, industry forums and working groups as required
- Work with our in-house GIS and design team to screen sites and input on site design
- Broad understanding and ideally experience of the energy industry and various technologies
- Experience of project development, planning and / or real estate
- An understanding of the development process and associated environmental and technical constraints
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant subject, although other qualifications will be considered based on experience
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work as part of a team
- Highly organised and able to work within a fast-paced environment and react proactively to workflows
- Takes ownership and drives tasks through to completion
- Adaptable and pragmatic, with the ability to quickly understand key issues and ensure resolution for the successful delivery of projects
- Travel will be required as part of the role, therefore own transport is essential with occasional overnight stays if necessary