This client is a leading owner and investor of onshore wind energy in Europe, focused on long-term sustainable growth through asset acquisition, unrivalled know-how in asset management and operation and conscious ESG choices.
Exceptional operational skills allow them to successfully operate assets of any age, to maximize safe energy production and asset life. They are committed to building collaborative relationships with our partners, ensuring the safest environment possible for everyone to operate and to deliver outstanding results.
- The Mechanical Engineer will act as a Wind Turbine Technical Expert, focusing on the mechanical integrity and life extension of the large wind portfolio.
- You will sit within a team of Engineers responsible for the risk management and resolution of complex technical problems.
- You will work closely with 3rd party contractors and Asset Management teams across Europe to support the delivery of safe, efficient, and reliable operation across the portfolio. You will be encouraged and supported to develop bespoke improvement projects which deliver measurable change to the portfolio.
- Work with Lead Mechanical Engineer and Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental (HSQE) management to achieve the highest level of safety across the portfolio ensuring all relevant industry standards and guidelines are complied with.
- Proactively lead the Engineering Life Extension workstream by working with internal and external parties to analyse and confirm that the design and condition of assets are satisfactory for safe extended operation.
- Lead the implementation of recommendations from each life extension project and ensure findings are used to inform O&M strategy, performance improvement, and spares and supply chain strategy.
- Develop, implement and lead a structural health programme for all wind energy assets, working to align structural health with asset life targets.
- Play a key role in ensuring asset configuration control by conducting/assessing Engineering Change Requests and presenting to Senior Management for approval.
- Masters/ degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with demonstrable experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Achieved, or working towards, Chartership with IMechE.
- Preferred, understanding and demonstrable experience of working with Wind Power Plant and the associated mechanical subsystems and components.
- Demonstrable Project Management experience of delivering multiple complex technical projects simultaneously, to schedule and budget.
- Any knowledge and experience of completing Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Inspection and testing techniques for metallic and composite materials.
- Good commercial awareness and experience in the negotiation of technical work packages.
- Understanding of the effect of different wind conditions on the loading of wind turbines.
- Effective Project Manager, with an ability to proactively identify and mitigate project risks.
- Ability to make effective decisions in pressured situations
- High level of computing literacy