Infrastructure is the term for the basic physical systems of a business or nation. These systems tend to be high-cost investments and are vital to a country’s economic development and prosperity.
Financing infrastructure projects and the companies who deliver them, can be through government institutions or private fund raising and it requires teams of people. They work to advise, invest, asset manage, acquire, raise capital or debt. There are many roles involved in this process and they require both financial skills and industry knowledge.
Financial roles in Infrastructure require:
- Understanding of financial concepts
- Theory, modelling, analysis, reporting and knowledge of regulation and policy as well as sector knowledge.
Key finance management roles;
- Advisory within Infrastructure Finance
- Investment and Asset management, M&A, Project finance
- Regulation and Policy advisory
- Financial Controllers, Analysts, Researchers and Portfolio Analysts
- FD’s, Credit Controller and Management Accountants positions